Voting will take place at Schaller Subaru
You must be present to place your vote! Ballots will be handed out at the door.
Voting opens at: 1:00 pm and closes at: 2:30 pm
Over two hundred dogs were entered to be the Schaller Subaru mascot and the judges have narrowed down the field to the Top 6. These six finalists will be part of a live voting event at the Schaller Subaru dealership, located at 34 Frontage Road, Berlin, CT on Saturday, May 19th from 1:00-3:00pm. Join us to cast your vote for Schaller's new mascot between 1:00-2:30pm. The winning mascot will be announced at this event at 3:00pm.
Schaller Subaru will also be hosting a BBQ in honor of these fabulous canines. Be sure come down to the dealership, enjoy some food and vote for your favorite! We will be having a cookout as well as raffles & giveaways courtesy of Fidelco & the New Britain Rock Cats!
Come see our Brand NEW Subaru Facility and meet our new Subaru Mascot!!! Perhaps even drive home in a new Subaru! They seem to be a hit with our finalists!
Take a look at our finalists and see their stories below!!!
1. Boo Boo 2. Brutus
3. Black Eyed "Sally" 4. Shredder
5. Storm 6. Vikahn
1. Dear Subaru,
My name is Boo Boo. I'm an 8-year-old black lab mix. My mom says I need to get a job, so I'm writing about becoming your mascot. She says licking the dishes clean after dinner just isn't cutting it anymore for room and board. And she doesn't understand that sleeping is a full time job. Every morning when she leaves for work I give her sad puppy eyes and she says, "I'm sorry Boo Boo, I have to go. Who do you think pays for your food and bones?"
I enjoy naps, hugs and walks. I also love jumping in the back of my mom's Subaru Forester and going to the dog park to see my friends. She puts down the window so my ears can flap in the wind. If she forgets, I leave lots of nose prints for revenge.
Along with being extra sweet and loving, I'm also very good looking. Everywhere I go, people always say, "What a handsome dog." I have to admit, I have some premature gray hair, but it gives me character and makes me distinguished looking- like George Clooney. I also have a big smile than can turn the most loyal Honda lover into a Subaru driver.
I'm begging you, please let me be your next mascot. I really need to get mom off my tail. I promise to imprez (a) you and leave behind my legacy for years to come.
2. Hi, my name is Brutus. I am a Brindlequin Great Dane, 9 months old and currently 140 lbs. I have a great SOH, love long walks and kitties. I also love all things food, people, dog and SUBARU. My mom chauffeurs me around in her 2005 Forester. I love new adventures and going bye-bye. I would be a terrific mascot for SCHALLER SUBARU because wherever I go, everyone wants to pet me, take my picture and ask about me. I am a real show stopper, a STAR. Yea, I am kind of a diva but I give back too. I visit the folks at a rehab center to spread my own special kind of joy. Recently I stayed overnight in a hotel in Boston with mom and dad and would really like to add the Catskills to my doggie passport. Mom saw on the computer that The Emerson is dog friendly...Yea road trip. So go ahead and pick ME. "All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up"
3. Sally has a great personality. She loves going for a ride with her brothers in their Subaru Legacy's and when she grows up she hopes to have one of her own!
4. Shredder would make a great mascot because he is spunky and is loved by everyone he comes across. I mean who can resist that face .... or that beard!!!!!
5. "Storm, do you want to go for a ride?" Storm knows what that means already at four months old. Her first ride in our Subaru Legacy was when we brought her home from the breeders at eight weeks old. She loved riding in the car right from the start. When she is done looking out the window she goes to sleep. Storm goes everywhere with my husband and I in the car. She loves going to Drive Thru windows for coffee and at the bank. She loves going to pet stores shopping for dog toys and treats. Her favorite trips in the car are to go for walks in the park and on the rails to trails in town. Storm would make a good mascot for Schaller Subaru because she loves going everywhere and adapts quickly to new situations. She is very friendly and loves meeting new people. We are always getting told how pretty she is. Best of all, Storm loves having her picture taken.
6. Introducing the SUBARUBER DOG! Vikahn is a 13 month old Leonberger who was destined to become the Schaller Subaru Mascot. He is a people magnet wherever he goes and if it's not his size that folks rave about, it's his personality. Today he visited the residents of River Ridge, a senior living community in Avon, CT. and was an immediate hit. He's been invited back to entertain and amaze the sweet people there and it looks like he is destined to become a certified therapy dog. We knew that Vikahn was going to become a people pup from day one. His grandfather, Gulliver, (GCH Starhavens All I Want For Christmas) won best of breed at the Westminster Dog Show in 2011. While watching Westminster this year, Vikahn almost jumped through the screen when he saw those wonderful Subaru commercials featuring dogs of all shapes and sizes. It was then that his fate was sealed. He has ever since dreamed of becoming the Schaller Subaru Mascot (so he's indicated). Vikahn attracts attention wherever he goes and always elicits questions such as, "Do you put a saddle on him?" "What do you feed him?" "How much does he weigh." "Does he sleep on your bed?" He's gregarious, but not annoying. He doesn't jump on people, doesn't bark (unless he's protecting his family from bears - which he's done) and loves to be with everyone he meets. It's almost impossible to describe Vikahn with mere words, therefore I encourage the Schaller family to view his photos (many action shots), chronicling his growth and development at: http://vicnphotos.smugmug.com/vikahn.
Most likely, you'll be picturing him proudly displaying the Schaller Subaru banner, beneath his entry photo. What a winning combination!
Official Contest Rules
The Grand Prize
Winning Dog will become the NEW Schaller Subaru mascot and will be featured in Schaller Subaru commercials
Winning Owner will win a New England getaway to the Emerson. You get to choose one of two options (see below) for a vacation that fits your lifestyle. While away, your dog will have a vacation of their own at Uberdog in West Hartford.
Two Day Weekend Getaway | (Check in Friday - Check out Sunday, very limited availability)
Two night stay at the Emerson
Breakfast for up to 4 people on Saturday morning and on Sunday morning
Two 50-minute spa treatments
One Bottle of Emerson Private Label Wine
Five Day Midweek Getaway | (Check in Sunday - Check out Thursday)
Four night stay at the Emerson
Breakfast Monday through Thursday for up to 4 people
Two dinners at the Catamount Restaurant for up to 4 people
Four 50-minute spa treatments
One Bottle of Emerson Private Label Wine
You must be 16 years of age or older to stay in the adults-only suites of the Inn. Guests with children under age 16 will stay in The Lodge, the Emerson's family-friendly accommodation.
The Runner-Up Prize
All dogs competing in the live event will receive a five (5) day pass to Uberdog in West Hartford.